First and foremost, we hope that you and your loved ones are safe and healthy. We have received questions from the community about if and how COVID-19 will change this year’s season. We know this outbreak has been stressful to many and recognize that exercising and participating in activities like sports can be a healthy way to cope with stress and connect with our community.
The health and safety of our players, families and our community remain our highest priority. Maine Evolution is monitoring the Covid-19 pandemic on a daily basis. We will be following the guidance of the Center of Disease Control (CDC), USA Hockey, New England District Hockey, MEAHA, and the arenas we will be utilizing (Chalmers Ice Arena). We are also in communication with the different leagues that our teams play in.
The organization's board will make decisions and announce any changes or adaptations to hockey activities, based on the guidance we receive, as the season draws closer.
Maine Evolution has developed a return to ice plan while maintaining social distancing. These guidelines must be followed in order to participate. Key points of the plans are as follows.
- Before attending any of Maine Evolution activities, all players/parents must be prescreened prior to leaving home.
- Anyone who is sick or has been in contact with someone who has COVID-19— including players, family members, coaches, staff and spectators — should not attend practices or games
- If a player is exposed to Covid 19 we will require a 10 day quarantine before coming back to any hockey activities.
- No access to locker rooms. Plan to arrive dressed in your gear or dressed enough to put on the remainder of your gear in the parking lot of arena.
- Maximum 50 people allowed in the rink including coaches and players, at this time. Most parents will be asked to leave the building once their players are on the ice
- Bring your own water bottle with your name clearly marked. Players will not be allowed to share water bottles
- While in the facility, practice social distancing and wear a mask. Masks are required at all times, this includes the rink, on the ice and outside the rink.
- Our coaches will monitor players on the ice and remind them to stay apart when in line for drills.
- Travel to an exempted state players/coaches are not required to quarantine upon returning to Maine. However, if traveled elsewhere, players/coaches are required to quarantine for 14 days or get a negative test as an alternative.
We look forward to seeing you. Now, let’s play!