Maine Evolution continues to revisit our Covid-19 player guidelines and update guidelines according to most recent CDC information. Maine Evolution participants are expected to follow these guidelines along with current CDC and state guidelines. These player guidelines must be followed in order for coaches, players, and volunteers to participate. Key points of the plans are as follows.
- Before attending any of Maine Evolution activities, all players/parents must complete a prescreening prior to attending any Maine Evolution games, practices, or events. Find our player prescreening checklist by clicking here.
- Anyone who is sick or has been in contact with someone who has symptoms of Covid-19 (symptoms list click here), waiting for Covid-19 results, or currently has COVID-19— including players, family members, coaches, staff and spectators — cannot attend practices, games, or any Maine Evolution events.
- If a player is exposed to Covid 19, a 10 day quarantine is required before coming back to any hockey activities. A player can come back after a 7-day quarantine along with a negative Covid-19 test (test must be conducted 5-7 days after the exposure occurred).
- Individual rink guidelines must be followed for all rinks. Most rinks do not allow spectators. Many rinks do not allow access to locker rooms. Plan to arrive with your player dressed or dressed enough to put on the remainder of his/her gear on in your vehicle in the parking area.
- State regulations currently allow a maximum of 50 people in the rink including coaches and players, at this time. Most parents will be asked to leave the building once their players are on the ice.
- Bring your own water bottle with your player name clearly marked. Players are not allowed to share water bottles.
- While in the facility, practice social distancing and wear a mask. Masks are required at all times; this includes inside and outside of the rink as well as in the locker rooms and on the ice.
- Coaches will monitor players on the ice and remind them to stay apart when in line for drills.
- Out of state or country travelers must quarantine for 10 days before returning to play. (Upon return from travel to an exempted state, players/coaches are not required to quarantine; currently, Vermont and New Hampshire are the only exempted states.)
A positive Covid-19 test by a player or coach requires notification to Maine Evolution president Mike Payne at firstname.lastname@example.org